Thursday, February 3, 2011

Christ our LIFE!

The apostle Paul wrote that he had been crucified with Christ and that he longer lived but rather Christ lived in him (Gal 2:20). What does that mean? I would say that at the moment of salvation we die to the flesh and to our sinful evil nature. We are no longer controlled by the old sin nature. Through Christ’s substitutionary death we also died and not only did He die for our sin but His death also broke the power of sin over our lives.
By abiding in Christ we can have victory over the old sinful nature that desires to control us. According to Rom 6:2 we have died to sin and since we are dead to sin how are we alive to Christ?

As a follower of Christ I know that I have died to sin but the question we all have to ask ourselves is this; Do I really believe that I have died to sin and if so, do my actions reflect that belief?

No comments:

Post a Comment